Thursday, July 15, 2010

Busy couple of weeks

So, we have had a busy couple of weeks at the Mrozek household. First and foremost, we officially have Bill Hoffman out of our lives!! It feels SO good!! Last Saturday after work, Brandon, myself and Devin went down to watch the fire works with Jessicas family. It was a good time. Much less crowded than the 4th of July typically is. The boys had the whole field to run around in and burn some energy. Needless to say, they didn't burn it all. All the kids enjoyed playing with their light up swords.

Monday morning Brandon, Devin and I went down to Kenosha to pick Connor up, and to go to Great America. What should have been a three and a half hour drive, turned into a six hour drive because of construction, and an accident. It was stressful to say the least. As I was driving, when I looked behind me to change lanes I felt something "pop" in my back. It hurt for a split second, then not at all. That evening, my upper back was stiff but I thought maybe it was from the stressful drive. Tuesday, I woke up and felt really good. Didn't think anything else of it. Tuesday at Great America on the other hand, my back was getting more and more sore as the day went on. I was bound and determined to not let my misery ruin the kids fun. We ended up staying until close because the kids wanted to see the "Glow in the Dark Parade". By time I got back to Cassys house late that night, I had tears in my eyes because my back hurt so bad, and I had a funny lump in my forearm. Cassy rubbed my shoulders and said that one side was very swollen. I took Ibuprofen and went to bed.
Yesterday after driving home, I was in the worst pain I can remember having in a very long time. Adam suggested I go to Urgent Care. I went in and the nurse practitioner I saw said I have a spasm in my back which is causing pain in my back, shoulders, and neck. Also, the funny looking, slightly painful lump in my forearm is a bloodclot. I have to put heat on it four times daily in hopes that it dissolves. I have to watch it carefully for the next couple of days and go to my doctor if it's not better.

Tonight, Adam packed Connor and Devin up to go camping with my parents and my nephew Aron in Tomahawk this weekend. I know this post was boring, but it's my life lately.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment